Butt Ruffle

4.13.2015


Well, my love affair with the Archer continues and if possible, it's grown, because I think I love this version of the Archer even more than my first version.  I may just be a butt ruffle kind of gal...who knew?  Actually, what's probably most surprising about my love for this shirt is that I love it so much even though I made it out of a fabric that I really didn't like.  It's a 100% cotton shirting fabric that I ordered ages ago from a long forgotten online fabric store but as sometimes happens when you order fabric online, when it arrived I realized that it really wasn't what I was looking for.  The color and actual fabric are fine, but I just didn't like the way that the dots were printed on the fabric.  It looked a little...cheap, maybe? In any case, it sat on my shelf for probably three years and I don't know if I would have ever gotten around to using it had I not been forced to dig through my shelves for something to sew with.  While I may not have loved the printed dots, a great redeeming factor for this fabric is it's super-wide yardage which made it so that I had plenty of fabric to work with.  Also, having worn this shirt a couple of times already I can tell you that the fabric is definitely growing on me because it rarely needs ironing when it comes out of the dryer (although, you wouldn't know it from looking at these pictures since I'd been wearing the shirt all day long when I took these pictures.  Bad blogger!)


As for the shirt, what is there to say that hasn't been said before.  This is a straight size 2 with no fit modifications.  I followed all the pattern directions, except that I used Andrea's tutorial for attaching the collar.  The pattern and instructions are great and I'm a huge fan of the ruffle on the back even if it is kind of a mullet shirt.

Business in the front.


Party in the back.


You would't know it from the silence around here, but I've actually been sewing a ton for myself lately.  I just can't get up the motivation to actually take pictures of the garments.  I'm hoping that Me Made May will finally force me to debut some of my most recent makes.  I'll probably be playing along on Instagram if you want to follow.  Let's hope that I stick with it longer than I did last year.

6 comments:

  1. Love the butt ruffle! And yes, definitely do Me Made May, I'd love to see the new masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute!!! You're making me reconsider the mullet butt ruffle version!! I can't wait to do another Archer, I want to try a "popover" with a halfway placket ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that is seriously impressive! That button placket! <3<3<3 It looks so great on you and super pro! {{high five}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I've ever seen a better fitting shirt! "Looks like it was made for you" popped into my mind which is ridiculous because of course it was but maybe the Archer was designed just for you :) And you rock the butt ruffle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shirt! It fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butt ruffle version is my favorite of the Archer. I hear you on taking photos; I think that's a big reason that I haven't been posting very frequently this year. It's been hard to find time and enough daylight. Looking forward to your MMM! I'm planning to play along on IG too.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!