KCWC

4.25.2012

I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be my sole KCWC project.  Apparently it was overly ambitious to sign up for an event that requires you to sew everyday when you have a toddler and a newborn at home (especially when said newborn is going through a particularly fussy stage).  Go figure.  I'm glad that I was able to get at least one thing done, especially since the idea for this dress was swimming around in my head for quite some time - ever since I saw this gorgeous dress.

Source: Pinterest
If my brain were working above 50% capacity I might have something insightful or witty to say about this dress, but instead all I have to say is that I'm not in love with my version.  


I think it came out a little more sack-like than I was imagining, most likely because O is not quite big enough to fill out the 3T size that I made.  Oh well.  I guess it just means that it'll fit her for longer.  I do still love the idea of a dress with alternating stripes though.  Perhaps I'll attempt another one and hopefully next time I'll make it in the right size.


Too big or not though I do love the back of this dress.  Look!  The stripes actually match up!


Pattern: Oliver and S Ice Cream Social Dress
Size: 3T
Fabric: A quilting cotton.  And if I were a better blogger I'd know who made it...but I'm not a better blogger so I have no idea.  And if you have a problem with that, please take it up with O.


17 comments:

  1. You are not alone my friend...same thing toddler n babe and I'm struggling with one freakin garment! Oh well... Nice dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love it! It is adorable, and the fit looks great! I can't believe you were able to get this done with a toddler and a newborn-- I have a lot of respect for your ability to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kid would look cute in anything. Just my opinion here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think it's cute and i think O is super cute in it! Congrats on finishing something this week, though! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The back is lovely. And so are the alternating stripes. I think it looks very cute, and at least she will get a long stint in it while she grows. Kind of amazing that you got one outfit in at all. I remember those first 6 months well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another excellent piece, very French looking I think! :-) (think 'petit bateau' if you're familiar with that brand)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, love that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Ice Cream Dress and I've made several for my niece. I admit, initially, these dresses were referred to as "those muumuus that Inder made" by my sister, but eventually, she did grow into them and they look more proportional now (still loose, but you know, not as muumuu). The dress is lovely, I really like the stripes, and I think as O. grows a bit, it may "grow" on you (har).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I think it's simple in an elegant, minimalist way! If you think it's really too baggy, you could possibly grab a fat piece of elastic and 3-step-zigzag it to the inside of the middle back to pull it in a bit; I have a dress that has this at the back and it just gives a little shape definition.
    Have to admit I was hoping for another cute baby pic but am happy to have scary-O-face as substitute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is adorable! And that last photo? Too much! She will totally grow into it. Sorry the littlest one is fussy, good thing she's so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love what you did with the stripes! And dang, O is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it--the stripes are fantastic and it looks so fun and summery. I made a 3T for Anna and it's perfect in the length but a little wide around the shoulders, so yeah, a bit sack-like but still pretty cute! Impressed you are sewing, hope baby sister gets through the fussy phase soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was the first O+S pattern I used, and it's one of my favorites. My 10 yr old doesn't like 'loose' clothes though, and she always wears hers with a belt!

    Great job on matching the stripes - and on getting something finished this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. seriously, she has the most expressive face! she is adorable! sorry your little one is being fussy. does she have colic? great job with the dress. i think it is super cute and my hat is off to you with your awesome stripe matching skills!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your daughter looks adorable in this dress!
    I really love your striped version :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks great - and she will grow into it so super bonus for a busy Mum of two:)
    Love the fists in the last photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous15.5.12

    Love this look!
    Totally cute and sweet!
    I've done quite a few dresses and tunics of this pattern when it was released and my girl love it - perfect for run and play.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!