Little Red Winter Hood

1.03.2012

I should probably just warn you now - there's going to be a whole lot of deja vu going on in this blog in the next couple of weeks.  I don't know if my brain is just not working properly or if I'm just drawn to the comfort of objects that I've already made, but I can't stop making things for a second, third or even fourth time.

My excuse in this case is that the first time I made the Cozy Winter Hood, I actually made it for someone else's little one.  This one, however, will be for our little one-to-be.


Again, I made the smallest size - which supposedly is made to fit a newborn to sixth month old - but again it came out big enough that it fits on O's head.  Oh well.  Maybe the baby will get many years of use out of it.


The outside is made from some uncut corduroy and the inside is some super-soft fleece purchased as the ridiculously fun Seattle Outdoor Fabric store (where you can buy neoprene and Goretex and all sorts of other awesome things).  I didn't have matching ribbons on hand so I just made two fabric ties from the uncut corduroy.  They're a little stiffer than ribbon would be but I suppose that they get the job done. 

And in the end, that's all that I really care about.

13 comments:

  1. Aww, it's so cute! And the baby will grow into it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and thanks for that link to that fabric store, I will check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Critter chic! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made mine one too and I love it... but now I want to copy yours exactly! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! i used that pattern for henrys halloween shark costume hood. it worked great but his head must be huge because it was small on him... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ack, too cute! I think you might have trouble getting that one away from its adorable model. Uncut corduroy? I've never heard of it but I can see exactly what you mean... I guess I would have called that cotton velvet? In any case, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Such a great pattern, I can understand why you go back to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3.1.12

    CUTE! I think O needs to borrow it from baby sis for awhile - she won't miss it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that is super adorable! And I love the pictures, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute, cute, cute, cute. (and so is the hat.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So frickin' cute!! This is on my to-make list as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I really the fabrics (and colors) you used :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!