My Sole KCWC Project

10.16.2011

Despite the fun that I had participating in KCWC during the last go-round, I had to be honest with myself and realize that there was no way in hell that I had either the time or the energy to fully participate this time.  Life is just too crazy right now and the thought of adding one more thing to my plate just makes me want to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head.

That said, I did make one kid's item for KCWC so if you'll allow me to be an honorary member of KCWC I'll show you what I managed to whip up - a little pair of flannel pajamas for the special little toddler in my life.


With the weather developing a distinct chill in the air and with O far too big for all her little fleece footed pjs, I figured that she deserved a little something warm and snugly to sleep in at night (don't we all?).  And that's when I remembered that I purchased an Oliver and S's bedtime story pajamas pattern eons ago.  I remember after I bought it thinking "why the hell did I do that?  I'll never spend that much time making pajamas" and yet here I am, doing just that.


The pjs are made out two Moda flannels and they are so soft.  Seriously.  Even though they are both from the same line I was a little worried about pairing these two colors together (I'm kind of a color-matching wimp) but in the end, I think it came out okay.  As for the pattern, it was fabulous - as all Oliver and  S patterns are. 

O embracing the kimono style and practicing her bowing
Now there have certainly times been times that I've had to bribe my child to wear what I've made for her, but fortunately this was not one of them.  In fact, when I went to change her the next morning she began to throw a total fit.   And when I asked her what was wrong she told me "I want to wear my pajamas today."  It turns out that she wanted to show her little buddy at the babysitter's house her new pjs.  Um, could that be any sweeter?  Nope, pretty sure it couldn't.


Pattern: Oliver and S Bedtime Story Pajamas
Size: 3T
Fabric: Flannel from Moda's Bliss collection

20 comments:

  1. Yay! These are super cute and cozy. I can't get over the bowing! Seriously adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely gorgeous! I love those fabrics together and O just rocks the kimono style. Clem has insisted on wearing the new (mismatched) pjs I made him most of the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cute pj's! i love how she matches her pillow. very very cute carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! I want some in my size, they look super cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to know your limits! The pjs look so cozy, and that bowing photo is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a pair too! I love the style of the top.
    What a cutie they are and she is.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. PJ's are adorable! Kiddo is even more so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous16.10.11

    really cute pjs - i'm sure they're soooo comfy! KCWC is fun but a huge time commitment. this contribution of yours was great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those and I think the fabric is awesome. Love Oliver and S!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't blame her one bit. These are too gorgeous to limit to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww! adorable...the girlie and the Pj's! The fabrics together are really sweet. They look really cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I saw this in reader and went "OMG" yep. . that's what you're sewing says to me. This is so wonderful! I would so wear this all day too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can practically feel the softness through the screen - they just look so cozy and comfy. Great job and the bowing is crazy, crazy cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet and snuggly looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is a fine project to work all week on. They do look super soft and how wonderful that she didn't want to get out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute, and obviously well appreciated too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She really is adorable. I'm pretty sure she needs to marry Vinny. Just ignore his most recent photo shoot when considering the match.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet those are snuggly! The bowing photo is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Popping back in to say that the cutest of these jammies made me go out and purchase a small fortune of flannel today and I found the LAST Bedtime Story PJs pattern at my local fabric store today, 40% off. My reward for finishing (and um, starting) his Halloween costume is to make these jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE Oliver & Co. Patterns. I would love to purchase ALL of Leisl's patterns!
    Great job. I need to make my 4YO this pajama set. She would LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!