The Wheels In My Head Go Round And Round

5.24.2011

The wheels have finally begun to turn and I'm thinking about digging into my voile stash once again for my next project.


After seeing this gorgeous shirt in the Spring Top Sewalong flickr group I remembered that I currently own a Vogue pattern that is somewhat similar to the Jamie dress that inspired the awesome woman who made that top.  And then I got to thinking that perhaps, just perhaps, I could shorten the Vogue dress into a shirt too (because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?).  And so I'm beginning my next sewing project by folding the tissue pattern in all sorts of very un-scientific ways (like "eh, this looks about right").  This oughta turn out well...

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, can't wait to see how this turns out! I loved that shirt too, and the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit miffed on your behalf that you didn't make it into the finals on the Spring Top thing :( But anyway you did get a lovely top and more inspiration to do more selfish pretty sewing! Maybe you will have enough for another mother/daughter set?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so excited to see your top! i loved that one!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!