Ice Cream Social Dress - From The Stash

3.03.2011

With t-minus two days to go before I head to the Sewing and Stitchery Expo, I'm trying to be a very good girl.  And by "very good girl" I mean that I'm trying not to hit the fabric store for fabric or patterns days before hitting the expo for both.  So when it came to picking out my next project I knew that I was going to be limited to what was lurking in my sewing room (a.k.a. "the basement").

Sometimes this doesn't work so well. 

Sometimes I end up working on a project that I feel "blah" about from the get-go and I end up tossing it aside half-way through.  Sometimes I use two fabrics that don't go so well together but I figure that I'll just have to make it work in an effort to be thrifty.  And sometimes things work out perfectly...like this time.  



I ended up going back to the Oliver and S Ice Cream Social Dress because, let's face it, these patterns ain't cheap if you're only planning on making them once.  I found some gray shirting fabric in my stash from my days of obsessive garment sewing and I found a yard of coordinating fabric that I had ordered from the internet, who knows how long ago.  Individually each of these fabrics were kind of blah but together they are adorable.




As for pictures of O in her new dress, I am well aware that these pictures are less than stellar.  I'm going to blame this on the fact that I wanted to snap a few shots before sending her off to the babysitter's house because when she returns she is typically covered in dot-art from her head to her toes, and that includes dot-art on anything I may have dressed her in.

And can I just end by saying how happy it made me to find the perfect little button for the back closure in my button stash?  In the wise words of Mr. T, "I love it when a plan comes together."

3 comments:

  1. this is the cutest little dress on the cutest little model!

    my question to you is... do you have a serger? if so, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong that I want a girl (you know, if we decide to have another child...) just so that I can sew an Ice Cream Social Dress? It's true though - I just adore this simple little pattern. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!