Mission Accomplished (For The Most Part)

10.23.2010

The Front
The Back

It's quilted, bound, washed, and ready to be wrapped for Christmas.  Woo-hoo!  

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out except for two little issues.  I was planning on it being larger but due to a slight mathematical miscalculation on my part, it ended up only being 45 by 45.  Is that too small for a lap quilt?  I just have this fear that my mom is going to open it up and say "it's beautiful BUT why is it so small?"  (God help her if she does ask that!!!)

The other issue is that I am awful at sewing the corners of the binding.  I've taken a class, read books, watched youtube videos, and they still come out looking all crazy.  Uggh!

And while I love making things for people, this is also why I hate making things for people.  I can overlook crazy corners, but I always worry that other people won't be able to.  And I can overlook a quilt that is a tad bit too small, but what if they can't?  They can suck it!  (that's the Christmas spirit)


Many thanks to Amy's Creative Side for hosting the One Thing, One Week Quilt Challenge.  I can't wait to see what other people have accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I definitely want to make a quilt and hope it will turn out this good.

    ReplyDelete

A comment? For me? You're the best!